I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have photographed this bathroom tile at Fresno Yosemite International Airport--probably every single time we have flown!
It took me awhile to decide on the fabric, but we were downsizing and I had a floral fabric that I dearly loved--it took the place of the navy blue. I added two more colors--a green and a peachy Grunge that took the place of the light yellow and light blue. Then I used a creamy beige for the background.
It was an easy quilt to make--the off white and peach were all stripped pieced. The other block was constructed using instructions by Quiltville Bonnie. It was quilted by Helene Shannon.I added a fun reddish-orange binding. I made the label using a scrap of fabric that looked like an airport terminal map
Then came the dilemma of naming it--always an important part of the quilting-making process for me. All along I had planned on calling it FYI (Fresno-Yosemite International), since it was based on tile from the airport. But our airport's call letters are actually FAT (Fresno Air Terminal), and I didn't want it to be confused with For Your Information. Then I thought of counting the number of squares, which turned out to be 1,080. And Flight 1080 became its name.
Of course it had to be photographed at the airport. That was actually really fun.
Yes, we do have (replica) redwood trees in the terminal.
Quilt Name: Flight 1080
Quilt Pattern: Based on bathroom tile in the terminal
Made by: Cindy Wiens
Quilted by: Helene Shannon
Completed: 2025
Size: 60" x 72"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.