283. Trolley Park

 A few years ago I was part of a bee called Not a Bee, a funny name for a bee where there were 12 participants. Each one of us was assigned a month. The theme was triangles so when it was our turn, we shared a specific block--mostly original designs. Each person made the block in whatever fabric they chose and kept it for themselves. No making 12 blocks and mailing one to each participant. 

I had seen an ad for a social at a newly renovated park. The colors in the ad were beautiful--and very quilty. I based my color palette on this ad.

When it was my turn, I gave everyone instructions for a block I had designed years ago, called Split Chain. (I've always wanted to use this block for an entire quilt.)


There was a nice variety of blocks. I had just enough of one of my favorite prints and used it for the sashing.







Photos of my block made by two other bee participants.

 
 
Quilt Name: Trolley Park
Quilt Pattern: Original design--part of the Not a Bee bee.
Made by: Cindy Wiens
Quilted by: Helene Shannon
Completed; 2025
Size: 42" x 57" 
Gifted to: Judy Kulekjian
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.