288. Inner Light

 


Twenty years ago, I purchased some gradient fabric after seeing an article in a quilting magazine.


I had eight half-yard cuts, in both a light colorway and a jewel-tone colorway. The blocks were constructed by cutting strips and sewing them end to end, and then constructing a log cabin block. The fabric was very clever in that the end of one colorway would blend with the end of the next colorway. 


The published pattern showed five light blocks and four jewel-tone blocks but I wanted to use up ALL the fabric, so I made as many blocks as possible.

 


I found the perfect stripe for the binding.

I also had two half yards in gray scale, one light and one darker. I used that yardage on the back along with extra blocks.


 

This was a really fun quilt to make. I'm not sure why it took me 20 years to do it.

Quilt Name: Inner Light

Quilt Pattern: Inner Light by Michael and Debra Lunn

Made by: Cindy Wiens

Quilted by: Helene Shannon

Completed: 2025

Size: 50" x 67"

Gifted to: Judy Kulekjian 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.