286. Rainbow Over Head

 This was a special quilt for a very special person, our niece's partner, C.J. 

This is a pattern by Rachel LaBour of Stitched in Color and was constructed in quadrants. I began by cutting so many squares, first a rainbow of solids, and then a lot of low-volumes. 


C.J. is brilliant--and has one of those math-y minds, so I used as many math-related fabrics as I could find. I was surprised to find I had quite a few in my stash.

 I added this typewriter as a reference back to me, as I spent much of my working life on a keyboard. 

Also, a little snippet of one of the bridges in Portland, where they live.


 






Quilt Name: Rainbow Over Head

Quilt Pattern by:  Rachel LaBour

Made by: Cindy Wiens 

Quilted by: Helene Shannon

Completed 2025

Size: 76" x 74"

Gifted to: C.J. Bradford 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.